PROTECT UNBORN LIFE ! SHUT DOWN PLANNED PARENTHOOD c090214

Thursday, January 12, 2012

1/12/12 EMEL MATHLOUTHI, AWESOME MUSIC


so I saw a little ad for the 1st ever Tunisian Festival in L.A. , which was mostly a film festival, but on the last day they had this musician, Emel,...and so I dropped in at the barnsdall to listen,...well, she was a little late but eventually she arrived, and her music is catchy...she's a strong string strummer & has a powerful voice ...she sang mostly in Tunisian, but also occassionally spoke in English,...apparently not expecting Americans to be in the audience because at one point she asked "Are there any Americans here?" And seemed surprised that there was. L.A. Americans love to learn more about other countries & cultures & support their "cause"..., & surely there must be some with Tunisian ancestory who were born in USA, ...OR immigrated...they're Americans too...and that's a good thing ..I grew up thinking I was "Dutch" b/c of my Dutch ancestory, & even though I didn't speak Dutch, & didn't even visit Netherlands until later in life, I was proud of my Dutch roots & identified with some aspects of Dutch culture for a long time (still have a pair of wooden shoes)...Americans don't lose all heritage & culture because they're born here or immigrated ..we retain a lot of our traditions from the culture of our origin...anyways, EMEL's music was nice..I hope she keeps playing & continues to grow in confidence...