GUEST INTERVIEW: Louis zamperini..book "unbroken",, 1936 olympic runner, ww2 , 1936 ..I switched to a longer race..5000 meters..tied 2nd best runner..now against world record holder..dead heat..during depression..came in 8th..fast last lap..shook hitler's hand...North of palmyra island..flying low 800 feet, didn't want to fly...plane cannibalized..but it passed inspection..then both engines failed & it went down..11 on ship, 3 survived...47 days on raft..rescued by japanese..then 43 days in japanese dungeon..we were skin & bone..raft..two years as POW ..Transferred to execution island..sent there for decapitation..prayed..rather be n raft...they found out I was an athlete ...so instead of killing me they sent me to japan to make propaganda movie..I refused..they tormented me until end of war..but I came back..married,,was drinking..she wanted divorce..heard billy graham was coming to town.. I Didn't want to go..know I'm a sinner don't need to be reminded..wife took me..finally got on my knees..received Christ..and it changed me..forgave ..ww2 story of survival.."unbroken"..how Jesus redeemed him..God w/ him @ every moment... My philosophy..'all things work together for good"..maintain cheerful attitude..universal..movie..louie..shine..inspiration..if u have not yet given life to Christ, join us in prayer now..as louie did at billy graham crusade..say yes to Jesus. [END INTERVIEW]
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "vanderkok [via Pixelpipe]" <postmaster-noreply@pixelpipe.com>
Date: Jan 9, 2011 11:25 AM
Subject: 1/9/11 INCREDIBLE INTERVIEW w/ LOUIS ZAMPERINI. 1936 OLYMPIC ATHLETE, WW2 POW
To: <vanderkok@gmail.com>awesome interview w/ 94 year old louis zamperini who ran in 1936 olympics...actually shook hitler's hand before the war began...later fought in the war & was taken as POW..but survived..later came to Christ.] 1/9/11 cblog crystal cathedral 930a m: [note: I liked the jumbotron prompts used during the message. Haven't seen much of that previously, hope to see more] ..service in progress..jim penner reading scripture ..says "never be shy to applaud." ..shawna ..helping us out..choral director ..biola..wonderful univ..maybe u remember ..john..prostrate surgery..so many prayers..docs say he is cancer free..he will be back...last week challenged u ..to be salt shakers..to stay salty..imp to growth of church..daily spend time w/ god..Jesus, privacy of home, car..this will not help u earn salvation..u have already got that as a gift..by grace..sign up for positive daily devotion..I write, jim penner writes, my husband, my dad..weekly corp worship..Jesus did so once weekly..so did peter paul..worship god once week..not month..not duty, but gratitude.,..monthly, we want u to serve one day per month ..phil hardee..every Monday he comes ..each of u salt shakers..shake up the comm..good news..harold shaw..see him back there..lot of empty seats..I believe these seats r reserved for broken & lost..we can reach them..many ways..one way, announced last week, how imp service., were going to build houses ..for mexico.. Prayer..see salvation, promise new life..morn tithes & offerings..off..large calif flag..sign it,,message of hope,,residents across state.. Come to new life classes..rebuilding cathedral ministry..love to have u come ..choose to join or not..no pressure..100 last year.. GUEST INTERVIEW: Louis zamperini..book "unbroken",, 1936 olympic runner, ww2 , 1936 ..I switched to a longer race..5000 meters..tied 2nd best runner..now against world record holder..dead heat..during depression..came in 8th..fast last lap..shook hitler's hand...North of palmyra island..flying low 800 feet, didn't want to fly...plane cannibalized..but it passed inspection..then both engines failed & it went down..11 on ship, 3 survived...47 days on raft..rescued by japanese..then 43 days in japanese dungeon..we were skin & bone..raft..two years as POW ..Transferred to execution island..sent there for decapitation..prayed..rather be n raft...they found out I was an athlete ...so instead of killing me they sent me to japan to make propaganda movie..I refused..they tormented me until end of war..but I came back..married,,was drinking..she wanted divorce..heard billy graham was coming to town.. I Didn't want to go..know I'm a sinner don't need to be reminded..wife took me..finally got on my knees..received Christ..and it changed me..forgave ..ww2 story of survival.."unbroken"..how Jesus redeemed him..God w/ him @ every moment... My philosophy..'all things work together for good"..maintain cheerful attitude..universal..movie..louie..shine..inspiration..if u have not yet given life to Christ, join us in prayer now..as louie did at billy graham crusade..say yes to Jesus.. Thank u nita whitaker.. SHEILA SCHULLER's MESSAGE :[begins w/ joke] .adam "what can I get for a rib?" ..god is bigger than we comprehend..how big is our brain..healthy neurons..100 trillion connections..big #'..can't wrap brain around ..mind boggling..imp to recog that god is big..in beg..god..always been always will be, infinitely eternal...bigger ..ex nihilo..god created out of nothing..heavens big..bigger than galileo & carl sagan thought...sagan thougth billions of stars..but as of dec 2010..nature journal..trillions of stars..new stars every day.. Go to nasa hubble.web..infant stars being born..god created heavens..lois storey ? Wrote indescribable..god knows stars by name..hundreds of billions of galaxies..hubble..made w/ precise mirrors,polished, expensive,..see & discover more abt god..exciting.. Milky way..where we live..alone..588 quadrillion miles..[image on jumbo of milky way]..how vast heavens.. Seeds in each of us..water cycle..never ending..perpetual energy..in the carbon cycle..hotosynthesis..sugar..carbon..back ..perpetual..god is bigger..than we can comprehend..mountains majesty..mt.everest [image on jumbo]..mt ..in hawaii.part submerged..33,000 feet..big god, big heavens..diversity of species..earth sustains 1.25 milion..10 to 30 million more to be identified.....billions of gallons of water..great barrier reef [image on jumbotron] coral polyps.. My husband loves to paint..he likes to replicate the masters..rembrandt..attic..stray cat..vincent named after van gogh..one day cat got into paint..dabbled..painted almost a masterpiece..do u believe me ? That's a fib..re the cat in paint., not abt husband painter, ...do u believe a god did this or it was an accident ? Times I am worshipping alone..am speechless.can't put it all into words..job 38 ..where were u when god created..blueprint ..measurements..can u find your way to lightning launch ? Can u get venus to look your way ...beautiful description, god's majesty & power..speechless..words fail me..how big god is..I think of this huge universe..I feel small,,, could get lost..how could god so big know & care abt me..yet it was god who kept louis zamperini alive..god loves u..the crown of creation is u ..some say we need to teach humility..I say humility is thinking not less of self, but more of god.. god loves u..u know ..inward parts..knitted me,,praise u,,fearfully wonderfully made.. Out of all the species..u want to know what god looks like..[holding up a mirror] it is u..prayer..lord Jesus Christ..we have u..lord savior, best friend,,,will never leave us. [END SERVICE]