PROTECT UNBORN LIFE ! SHUT DOWN PLANNED PARENTHOOD c090214

Monday, February 28, 2011

BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY: THE KING'S SPEECH, David Seidler (The Weinstein Co)

BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY: THE KING'S SPEECH, David Seidler (The Weinstein Co) Calling it terrifying, David Seidler got a big laugh noting that "My father always said to me I would be a late bloomer. I believe am the oldest person to win this award. I hope that record is broken quickly and often." Seidler as a child suffered from a stammer and so drawn to the English King's story. Which is why he told the Kodak: "We have a voice. We have been heard." Both Sorkin's and Seidler's wins were pre-ordained. But I do think Chris Nolan should have won this category for Inception because of the incredible originality of that picture. (Yes, I am a huge Inception booster. Deal with it.) OK, I am officially sick of Anne Hathaway tonight, tux or not. And I'm supposed to laugh at James Franco in drag? OK, now we have our obligatory Charlie Sheen joke when James says he just got a text message from the bad boy Sheen himself. Is it me or is this show devoid of writing this year, let alone any jokes? Weird because new writers joined head Oscars writer Bruce Vilanch and John Mack this time including Grammy Awards vet David Wilde and Judd Apatow-regular Jordan Rubin. I'd been told in advance that the presenters wouldn't have to read those lame quips, and they haven't,. But too much of this show has been placed on Hathaway's and Franco's rather narrow shoulders. Sorry, but that can't carry my attention...."
http://m.deadline.com/2011/02/nikkis-5th-annual-oscars-live-snarking/