PROTECT UNBORN LIFE ! SHUT DOWN PLANNED PARENTHOOD c090214

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

NANCEY MURPHY's BIG MISTAKE (that "Christians have no souls") (& Rich Mouw ag...

As mentioned earlier, I had a difficult time with Nancey Murphy, and at the time couldn't figure out why. I hadn't been exposed to her teachings (or mis-teachings) at all up until the time I was put in an apologetics class taught by her. That is, I didn't choose this class but the adviser (a Korean fellow who I subsequently switched from to another advisor) sort of signed me up for it with an agenda. He knew I came from a Reformed background and that Murphy wouldn't make any sense to me. He wanted to upset me, I guess. And it did upset me. The entire class was baffling to me. She either didn't teach it very well, or the stuff she was teaching was intrinsically nonsensical and therefore couldn't be taught by anybody very well, if at all, or I am low IQ. But I've done well in many other classes and graduated from college with academic honors so it cant be simply that I am unintelligent. In fact, I found out later that she DOESN'T BELIEVE IN SOUL ! And she says that president Richard Mouw doesn't either ! This to me ROCKED MY WORLD. I assumed all Christians believed in soul, but that's the dangerous assumption you make when you go to a seminary, that ALL are Christians. I don't know how you can call yourself Christian and believe that there is no soul. And for that matter, I dont know what the purpose of striving to live a Christian life would be if you don't believe that you have a soul. Yet, they (or she) continues to teach at an Evangelical Christian Seminary (furthermore, as best as I could tell, she grew up Roman Catholic, and maybe still is, but Fuller is a protestant seminary). But then, if she grew up Catholic (whatever that may mean... could mean a "nominal catholic" which is essentially meaningless) then she doesn't adhere to Catholic creed which clearly believes in soul and the soulfulness of man. People who call themself this or that but don't adhere to any creeds or doctrines lack integrity after a while. There was definitely something very strange about Nancey, and I can assure you, she didn't like me (even though I never talked, never disrupted the class, never did or said anything to contradict her...I just sat and listened and completed the assignments). Anyways, here's something I wrote about her position on soul many years later.

NANCEY MURPHY's BIG MISTAKE (that "Christians have no souls") (& Rich Mouw ag...

http://www.scribd.com/doc/70412407/NANCEY-MURPHY-s-BIG-MISTAKE-that-Christian...

www.answersingenesis.org/articles/arj/v4/n1/emergentismphysicalism also see http://hearingtheword2.posterous.com/must-read-excellentarticle-refuting-so-c... NOTE: I was in a class at Fuller ...

F7