PROTECT UNBORN LIFE ! SHUT DOWN PLANNED PARENTHOOD c090214

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

LIVE ! HOLLYWOOD BLOGGER LEAVING "CHELSEA LATELY"

12/21/10 I just left a taping of a show called "Chelsea Lately" starring Chelsea Handler as a talk show host & taped at a studio near Olympic & Bundy in west Los Angeles (I arrived in the rain at 130pm left at 3pm) . They started with what they call a "round table" session which included three comedians, two of whose name I remembere: Chris Hardwick & Chris Franjola. There is also a height-challenged fellow who sits on the side & goes by the name Chuy Bravo , & plays the role of sidekick for Chelsea.

The segment began with the comedians & chelsea discussing current events. They did a segment about the weather (its been raining here for three straight days now) and Chelsea joked about staying in bed watching tv. Then they talked about Charlie Sheen and his ex-wife, making a few more jokes. Then somehow the conversation turned to female body parts, one part in particular, adult & graphic in language, with one of the comedians arguing with Chelsea about the topic, and she was rather insulting towards him in return. By the way, there's a lot of F bombs thrown around during the discussion (that used to bother me as a Christian and I still think its unneccessary but I hear it so often now, its almost as if its just an adjective meaning "very", with people trying to show their radical by using it. Its just not necessary. Jts meaningless).

There is a warmup guy who makes sure people are laughing and clapping. I was expecting a guest interview but they inserted a pre-taped interview of Reese Witherspoon instead. So we watched the interview from last week. Reese mentiond building a barn and thought it was ridiculous when Chelsea asked her about milking the animals. Apparently, they are also in a movie together coming soon and flew on a plane with each other. Reese didn't mention her new star on hollywood blvd (which I saw unveiled).

And that was about it. The guys who do the seating asked people if they wanted to stay for the next show (with a live guest) but I had already told them I couldn't. In fact, I was just about ready to leave because they had run out of seats for the first show when the guy came back and said, "I found one seat." So I took a seat on the side. The warmup guy even threw a ball to me but it was too high to catch and went behind the curtain.

The staff was decent. Standing in line in what is basically a warehouse was a bit unique. Leaving the show, it was still raining as I crossed back over Olympic and walked down Bundy to my car.

The Hollywood Blogger